What should we do in case of an emergency?
· Most importantly DON'T PANIC.
· Report any incident in person to the head marshal of the closest checkpoint.
· In cases where the walker has to stay with the injured person, ask another walker to take the responsibility to do report the incident.
· It is vital that the name and event number of the injured walker are given to the head marshal at the closest check point.
· Public emergency services ask that all rescue operations are co-ordinated by the event organisers in the first instance.
· Please call mobile phone numbers of the event organisers, listed on the map, or use landlines situated at each checkpoint.
· If NO immediate contact can be made with event organisers or marshals, dial the emergency services on 999.
Killin: 01567 820 222
Tyndrum: 01567 820 222
Kinlochleven: 01855 831 203
Fort William: 01397 702 361
Killin: 01567 820 213
Dalmally: 01838 200 204
Kinlochleven: 01855 831 225
March 31, 2003, 2:40 pm
« back to Tips