Team Members


  • Richard Farquhar
    Team Leader
  • James Smith
    Team Member
  • Raymond Farquhar
    Team Member
  • Andrew Blues
    Team Member
  • Kevin Madill
    Team Member

Support Crew

  • Aimie Ward
  • Shona Blues

Team Supporters

This team does not have any supporters yet

Log In

Forgotten Password?

Team Diary

10th-11th October 2009.
Saturday was about climbing Munros. After a failed attempt to do four hills at Carn Gorm due to deer culling, we attempted an easier three hills at An Stuc. Unfortunately having only started at 12:30 and having followed the wrong burn for two hours we ran out of time and didn't even hit one summit. We can only hope that the Challenge goes better. Sunday went well with a cycle around Loch Rannoch. Anyway it was a good weekend and a decent start to our training.

30th January 2010
Drymen to Milngavie along the West Highland Way. Ice crunching under our feet the whole way but it looked fantastic. Little pain but generally went well.

20-21 February 2010
Thought we'd try the Speyside Way . So much snow. 30 miles in around 10 hours. This does not bode well for our 16 hours target time.

27 February 2010
Mains of Buchet. 5 miles in 5 and a half hours. At one stage 1km took 50 mins. In fairness we were in 4 feet of snow and crawling. The Heart Rate Monitor suggested 3250kcal so we made sure to replace them at a Pizza Rugby Party that evening. The Italy v Scotland game made our day in the hill look considerably less painful.

7th March 2010
Rowardennan to Milngavie. 27 miles in under 7h 30 mins. Half the distance of the challenge. No major problems but the scale of the task can no longer be ignored. Small detour that again saw us in 3 feet of snow. We hope that by the next training weekend the snow has just about gone. The Indian meal we had afterwards was well earned.

20th March 2010
The Mighty Deerstalker. The Team (together with a few friends) headed to Tranquiar House and took part in a 9 mile race known as the Mighty Deerstalker. This is a brutal race but all finished with their pride intact. The after race celebration were a welcome change of pace but camping afterwards was a silly idea as we awoke at 6:30am, tents all covered in frost. Bring on the next Challenge.

Last updated: 16:13:53 24/03/2010